Ushers welcome parishioners and visitors, distribute bulletins, and ensure that the worship service runs smoothly.
During the liturgy, ushers perform the following duties:
- Provide directions and answer questions for newcomers as needed
- Notify the Sunday school teachers when they should bring children in for communion
- Collect the congregation's offering and bear the alms to the altar
- Prepare the kneelers for communion and direct communicants to places at the altar rail
- Maintain an attendance tally for parochial reports
Before and after the service, ushers are responsible for:
- Ensuring that bulletins and special inserts are available and distributed
- Ensuring that the pew racks have hymnals and prayerbooks
- Keeping the pews as tidy and inviting as possible
If you would like additional information or wish to be added to the Ushers schedule, please contact the church office.